Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy December!

“How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?” ~ Dr Seuss

Does anybody else feel like this? I adore holiday cheer as much as the next girl, I'm just having a hard time believing it's already here. So much to do and just a few short weeks to do it!

I realized last night that Chris and I are truly two peas in a pod. As we were snuggled on the couch watching the cartoon version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas , I couldn't help but giggle at my husband for knowing almost word-for-word the theme song from the movie! He never fails to make me laugh! Now if I could only get him to love White Christmas that much we would be set!

This weekend as I was laid up on the couch being a sickie, I was admiring our Christmas tree all decked with our childhood ornaments and I couldn't help but appreciate that I married a man with the same affinity for Christmas traditions as myself! You see, we both came into our marriage with a few boxes of ornaments. I'm not talking little boxes either! In fact, we had to sort through them this year and only ended up hanging about two-thirds of what we have! But it's so fun to share the memories they hold for each of us!

This was our first "Hansen" ornament we bought last year!


These belonged to my Grandma and I have always loved them so my Mom passed them on to me last year:-)


Folks, this is just a tiny drop in the bucket!


Enjoy the first day of December! I think I may need to get myself a festive peppermint latte this afternoon:)

1 comment:

Msladij said...

I love this post because I remember him as a little boy singing with his aunties the Grinch song. I feel sure he did not know all the words then! How many Raider ornaments do you have on that tree?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...