Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Old Standby


For the most part, I am a creature of new things, change and adventures, especially in the kitchen. But sometimes a girl just has no energy for creativity, say on the Sunday night before Christmas when she has a million little things to do. And when that happens it is quite important to have a quick and easy meal you can trust that is proven to please the husband and take minimal time. For me it is my Pesto Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Grilled Chicken. I know, simple enough, but it is probably one of the first "real" meals I started making by myself! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Chris thought this was the only thing I knew how to make in college (kidding...kind of...). Nevertheless, he's always happy when I serve this dish and truth be told, so am I, both for its taste and easy prep and clean up!

Pesto Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Grilled Chicken
Serves 4
12 ounces dried whole wheat fusilli or penne
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 oil-packed sun dried tomatoes, drained and diced
2 tbsp (aprox.) prepared basil pesto
Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles (optional)

Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling salted water. Meanwhile, season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook seasoned chicken on a grill pan until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. When cooked, slice chicken into bite size strips. Once pasta is cooked, drain and return to pot. With a wooden spoon, stir in pesto until pasta is well coated. Toss in sun dried tomatoes and grilled chicken. Sprinkle with feta cheese if desired. Serve immediately.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...