Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Friday!

I must say, for my first full week back to work since before the holidays, it went by rather quickly (hallelujah!). I haven't really had a "friday" in a while since I was off the last three!

I have so much excitement I just might burst! Yesterday I officially signed up for the half marathon on April 18th! And soon I will make the commitment to the full marathon on July 25th-yikes! This week I finally got the motivation boost I've been longing for, so I am in full training mode again. And I couldn't ask for a better training buddy than my sweet friend Parris, who is also running the half (and maybe even the full!) with me.

And another reason to celebrate, my incredible husband is turning 25 next Friday!! And I am trying to finalize all the details. I love birthdays and I LOVE him!

My weekend plans include yoga, running and coffee with Parris on Saturday morning and date night (including going to a movie!) with my handsome husband! Cannot wait!

As an added little bonus, I want to share the breakfast recipe I've been enjoying this last week ~

Broiled Spiced Grapefruit
serves 1
1/2 grapefruit
1 T pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp best quality vanilla
pinch each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom

Preheat oven to broiler. Cut grapefruit in half. Place the halves in a medium sized casserole dish. Drizzle each grapefruit with the maple syrup and vanilla. Season with spices and place under broiler for about 5 minutes.

Serve with a bowl of oatmeal and you've got yourself sheer happiness (and good health)!


Have a lovely weekend!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...