Thursday, February 11, 2010

All In Good Health


image via

This week I have tried two new soup recipes from the new Eat Clean Cookbook and both have been absolutely fantastic! I'll have to post the curry soup next week, but I just had to steal a minute from our lovely evening to share tonight's dinner with you.

I'll be honest, when I read through the ingredients list I was a bit skeptical about this soup having enough flavor. So I promise not to be offended when you skim through the recipe and think to yourself, "This looks too healthy". But I was most pleasantly surprised by the wonderful combination of spicy flavors and hearty textures. It was nothing short of delicious. Give it a try! I'm already looking forward to the leftovers!

Clean Eating Meal in a Bowl Mexican Soup
6 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
1 large purple onion, peeled and sliced thin
2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced into ribbons
2 chili peppers, coarsely chopped
5 fresh meaty tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 cup fresh corn kernels
2 cloves garlic, passed through a press
3 bouillon cubes
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp taco seasoning
1 tsp paprika
1 19 oz. can beans, red kidney or black
dash Tabasco

Place stock in a dutch oven or stockpot. Add all vegetables (excluding beans), bouillon cubes and spices. Bring to a boil, Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add beans and heat through.
Serve with Tabasco and a little dollop of low-fat sour cream. Enjoy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...