Thursday, August 26, 2010

Deep Breath. Smile. Repeat.

This has been one heck of a week - difficult, stressful and nothing seems to be going right. Which of course makes me want to sit in my grumpy pants until it all goes away.

But then I stumbled across this:

‎"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." Aristotle

And it's got me thinking about my attitude. Do you realize we can even be excellent complainers and pessimists? Yuck, I do not want to make a habit of negative actions! So rather than be a grumpmeister, I am choosing to be positive and consistent, even when things aren't going perfectly.

Wishing you a wonderful Thursday!

2 comments:

Missy said...

lol i always think the same thing...did you ever hear that just making yourself smile can put you in a better mood?

sometimes the grumpy pants are unavoidable for me though...ya know...at certain times. LOL.

Unknown said...

Yes, I feel you. Especially this morning as we had MORE car trouble! Made it kind of hard to be positive, but I'm trying so hard:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...