Thursday, August 19, 2010

Eggplant Wonderings

I have a tiny dilemma in my kitchen and it comes in the form of an eggplant. I happen to really like eggplant, though my husband does not. And to be honest, I can't remember more than two times I've actually used one to put together an eggplant parmesean. And while it was quite delicious, I'd like to explore other options.

After browsing trusted recipe sites, blogs and the like, I can't seem to find much more than the said lasagna, ratatoullie and grilled eggplant sandwiches, which I know Chris would not appreciate. That is until I found this Eggplant Bruschette recipe which sounds pretty amazing!

Hmm, I'm still not sure, though I need to make a decision quickly before my eggplant goes bad! Any suggestions from you brilliant cooking minds? I would really appreciate you throwing any great recipe ideas my way.


image/Epicurious

3 comments:

Missy said...

that sounds very yummy! i've never made anything with eggplant before

Jeff and Becky said...

I recently discovered that I love eggplant, it took me to go all the way to Asia to find it out :)
I use it in a variation of a vegetable medley that my sister Marci and I would make.

1-2 cloves of minced garlic
1 cup of spinach
1 bell pepper- (I prefer orange since it adds great color and sweetness)
1 tomato
1 eggplant (though it depends on the size here in Taiwan they are quite thin)
You can also add either a zucchini or small yellow squash

Cut everything up into small strips/pieces. Throw everything except for the eggplant into a baking dish with a little olive or grape-seed oil. It's best to cook the eggplant separately so that it does not get slimy from the tomato juice. Cook at 400f for about 15-20 min depending on how small the pieces are. 5 min before taking it out sprinkle it with Parmesan or Romano cheese. And voila!

I love it as it's own meal but it is also great as a side dish with chicken.

Something to note is that as good as it is when you take it out of the oven, it does not make the best leftovers :(

Unknown said...

Oh, thanks Becky! Sounds delicious!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...