Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sick Me Out!


I am generally an extremely clean person. Though I must admit, I completely shocked myself when the other day during yoga class I realized I have never actually cleaned my yoga mat. This realization came to me as I was in what should be a relaxing child's pose and it hit me, "Hmm, my sweaty feet touch the same surface I am resting my forehead on." {Insert intense shudder!}

I immediately went searching for the best way to clean my mat and found it to be suprisingly simple! Thank goodness because I don't have time to mess around with timely cleaning techniques! It turns out yoga mats are machine washable, as long as they don't go through the spin cycle. Though for routine cleanings you can simply make a mixture of one part warm water and three parts gentle cleaner such as Woolite. After applying the solution to your mat, gently rub with a soft cloth or sponge, rinse and hang to dry. And voila, you've got a clean and appropriately sticky mat!

Needless to say, I will be making this a regular part of my yoga practice!

1 comment:

Missy said...

omg...this is hilarious because i was just thinking this last night at my class! while i was in child's pose in fact! LOL. i actually have cleaned mine before...i ususally just wipe it down with clorox wipes. I brought mine into my apt with me last night just so i could clean it.

i get totally grossed out during classes when i see people's mats that are really dirty. ewwwww.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...