Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pearing It Down


I have been wondering what would finally bring on that deep yearning for Autumn I'm usually stricken with this time of year. Apparently, baked pears were just the ticket. It all started with these gingered pears* I made for dessert last weekend. Oh my, what is it about the warm, delectable aroma of pears and ginger that make you long for chillier weather and all things pumpkin?

This dessert is so simple and comforting I just had to share. I served them warm atop good ol' vanilla bean ice cream. Delicious and gone before you could say, "More, please"!

*I substituted the sugar for agave nectar and halved the recipe.

image/thedailygreen

2 comments:

Missy said...

i love pears! i started mixing them in my oatmeal in the morning with a little brown sugar!

Unknown said...

ooh, pears in your oatmeal? Sounds amazing!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...