Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Butt Warmers and Slow Cookers

This morning has me in a very pleasant mood. My Mom is out of town this week and left her car with us. Always a nice treat to drive, but this morning called for my favorite accessory of her beautiful hybrid Lexus, the butt warmers! Ahh, the butt warmers! Seriously, I LOVE whoever thought up this brilliant idea! Walking to the car this morning I got a bit chilly, but within 30 seconds, I was feeling nice and toasty:)

For a few months now, Chris and I have been looking at cars. You know, researching cost, durability, maintanence, things we both want in a car, kid proof (for later, of course), dog proof (for now!) etc. This morning it occured to me, butt warmers are not on the list of want/"need" in a new car! What am I thinking?! We may need to do some revising of neccessary perks in the vehicle we decide to get;)

From time to time, I come across something that must be shared. This certain something came from the lovely blog, Laurie B. Lowndes. Last night I made the Slow Cooker Chili Chicken Tacos she posted a few months ago. They were exactly what I hoped they would be, quick and delicious! This literally took me five minutes in the morning to put together! I mean, who doesn't like coming home to an already prepared meal? And who doesn't love delicious Mexican?! Thank you, Laurie, for the great dinner idea! The recipe comes from Martha Stewart, but I have also posted it below.


Slow Cooker Chili Chicken Tacos
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6)
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2 cup prepared tomato salsa, plus more for serving (optional)
1 to 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo
1 tablespoon chili powder
Coarse salt and ground pepper
8 hard corn taco shells
Cilantro, shredded cheese, lime wedges, and sour cream, for serving (optional)

In slow cooker, combine chicken, garlic, salsa, chiles, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper. Cover; cook on high, 4 hours (or on low, 8 hours).
Transfer chicken to a serving bowl, and shred, using two forks; moisten with cooking juices. Serve in taco shells, with toppings, if desired.

2 comments:

Missy said...

slow cookers are one of the best inventions ever!

Laurie B. Lowndes said...

I am so glad you tried the recipe & honored to be featured in your blog! I'm glad you guys liked it as much as we do :)

I also am mourning the loss of Gorumet magazine, I had just received my first issue of my subscription when I heard the news :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...