Thursday, October 8, 2009

Stir Fry with the Not-So-Spicy Sauce

I have a great feeling about today! Not only did I leave the house early, but I stopped for coffee and got to work 10 minutes early! And of course, tomorrow is Friday, the last day before a long weekend! I am definitely lovin' life!

For dinner last night, I made Cooking Light's Pork and Stir-Fried Vegetables with Spicy Asian Sauce. It was really good, but Chris and I agreed we would make a few changes if we were to make it again. But all in all, an awesome dinner!

Instead of the pork tenderloin I used a really nice cut of top sirloin. Chris was definitely pleased with that modification. The sauce was suppose to be spicy, but we found it a bit sweeter than expected. Although it was good, next time we would play with the ratio of ketchup to hoison sauce to take away a bit of the sweetness and play up the spice.

I am also really excited that we got to use our homegrown peppers in the recipe! All the kuddos go to my amazing, green thumb of a husband for having the patience to care for our little bell pepper plant! Their flavor was amazing!!

While I was prepping everything, I noticed what a pretty meal this was! Wouldn't you agree?


Our home-grown peppers! They are so cute and tiny! It's hard to tell here, but they're only about 2 1/2 inches long.



Dinner is served!



And then I had coffee with my sweet friend, Parris! I have definitely become a fan of Bloom Coffee! Look at how beautiful this is...(and btw, it was even tastier than it looks!)



Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...