Monday, October 12, 2009

Domestic Bliss

Today has been the best day off in a very long time. For one, I woke up at 7am! That's right, 3 more hours of sleep than a typical Monday. It was glorious and to top it off, I had a half pot of coffee all to myself. Secondly, my house was already clean, so I have actually been able to enjoy my clean house. And finally, I have had a chance to do all the things that usually get put off because everyday things always take priority. For instance, I totally cleaned out and organized our dresser this morning. Not only did it need it desperately, but I can finally cross that off my never-ending list! Oh, and how could I forget, I also got to work out in the morning, which always makes me happy. And currently I am scheming to re-decorate our bedroom:) So I've got my paint color picked out and unwanted goods posted to Craig's list. And it's only lunch time!

But I am quite sure the best thing about having today off was getting to stay up late with Chris last night. I think I've said before our schedules are pretty different since I have an early shift and he is naturally a night owl. I loved having no worries last night and NO bedtime! I even made our all time favorite banana bread, which we enjoyed for breakfast together:) Yep, it's been a wonderful long weekend!



Oh, and I almost forgot to share that we had a little pumpkin painting party on Saturday! The results were fabulous and I'm pretty sure this will be a yearly tradition. Here's a peek at what we did:

Family trip to the pumpkin patch!


Picking out just the right ones!


Tada!


The two big ones are for Chris to carve later.


I loved the animal print that my Mom and Jeannine decided to do!



Happy Columbus Day!

1 comment:

Missy said...

ooh those pumpkins turned out really pretty!!!! :)

i love working out in the morning too. it makes me feel so great all day. i never do it though because i am not a fan of getting up early!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...