Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday Faves

Run to Feed the Hungry ~

An event I did last year and absolutely loved! It is a Thanksgiving morning 5k/10k. This year I am running the 10k and couldn't be more excited because it is the kickoff to my marathon training program. For those of you out of the loop, I am still running a marathon, it will just be a little later than I originally anticipated(more on that later). While running last night I realized the run is exactly 4 weeks away, which means I am behind on sending emails for fundraising. Last year I was able to raise $500 for families in need...thanks to a lot of you! The really cool thing about Run to Feed The Hungry is that every single dollar donated means $10 worth of food products given to those in need! So if you think about it, a $20 donation would mean $200 of groceries!! I really appreciate what the Sacramento Food Bank and Family Services does and love being able to support them in this way! If you would like to read more about it, check out their website! Here is the link to my fundraising page if you feel so inclined:)

What do you believe in? ~ I'm with Audrey on this one!

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn


Lovely food for the weekend ~

As usual, I have great plans for cooking and baking this weekend and I can't wait to share with you! Here's a little peek at what I have on the menu:


McDreamy ~

Oh yes, I am ridiculously obsessed with Gray's Anatomy right now! I don't know if I am just realizing this, but the writing is actually really good! Last night's episode was fantastic and all I can say is, if I ever have an inoperable tumor on my spine, I'd want Dr. Shephard to operate on it, too;)


Halloween ~

Have any great plans for this festive weekend? We will be having chili with family, celebrating my Dad's birthday and attending the 90th birthday party of Chris' great grandmother!


Have a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

Missy said...

awesome! i love running and its even better when it is for a good cause!

and that audrey quote is the bomb!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...