Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Homemade Applesauce

Last night I experimented with my own applesauce and to my delight, it was a success! To do so, I used the Vita-Mix, which took a total of about 25 seconds! I heart my Vita-Mix!

All I did was quarter the apples and toss them in the carafe (skin, core and all) with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and blend on variable 6 for 20-30 seconds. And of course, top with a few teaspoons cinnamon to spice it up. Delicious!



Doing things like this makes me really excited to make my own baby food! That is not a hint, I'm juts sayin' when that time comes, you know what I'll be doing.

I realize I refer to my Vita-Mix a lot, but you just don't understand how amazing this machine really is! The past year we've had ours, we have made countless smoothies, hot soups, cold sorbet, applesauce, peanut butter, other nut butters, hummus, pesto, salsa, batter, sauces and marinades, fresh orange juice, honey butter and with the dry carafe you can even grind your own flours! Not only does it help to create healthy, simple meals and snacks, but it is a cinch to clean up! It really is the appliance of all appliances! Check it out. It would make a fantastic Christmas present:)

Happy Hump Day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...