Friday, October 2, 2009

A Novel Idea!

Last year, while scanning the October issue of Better Homes and Gardens, I came across a novel idea...Painting Pumpkins! You may remember from last year that carving pumpkins is not my favorite thing in the world. In fact, Chris and I are the perfect pair for pumpkin carving because I love to scoop out the goo and he loves to carve! So this pumpkin painting idea has totally got me excited and naturally, as soon as Fall arrived, I set out for inspiration for my own pumpkin creations! Here are some ideas I found and I'm quite excited to get started!! The best part is, these will last all month versus only a few days with the carved ones.





I realize this last one isn't painted, but how stinkin' cute are those buttons?!


And of course, festive days always call for special desserts!

Who doesn't love a good caramel apple in the Fall? Especially a crisp, green Granny Smith!


Minis!!



And my fav, cupcakes!

I am SOO making these!




Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Life with the Ellwoods said...

Ok, next year when we have only one place of residence, I am totally borrowing this idea! I love it! Thank you for sharing!!

Missy said...

i love those painted pumpkins! especially the zebra one! :)

Msladij said...

Kate,

I totally want to do this. Can we make a day of it???? So fun. pumpkin Patch, Michaels for paint and things, dinner and a painting party!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...