Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Very First Apron!

So I just finished my very first apron! And it's inspired me to continue mastering the art of sewing. I'm amazed at how much I learned just making this one, and I am proud to admit I didn't even use a pattern! I was inspired by one of my great grandmother's aprons that was given to me. Pretty nifty, right?

While I love and own many different varieties of aprons, I am partial to the half apron. I am drawn to it's functionality and no-fuss factor, which is probably why I loved my grandmothers so much. It is simple while still remaining feminine and sweet. And how cute is that red gingham?!

This was my inspiration.


And THIS is my finished product! While far from perfect, I love it just the same. This picture makes it difficult to see the cute pleats, but they give it a girly flair.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...