Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Quite the Quandary

I'll admit it, I'm a total sucker for picnics! But I've got to say I'm oddly stumped. In my search for a new picnic blanket, I've come up empty handed. What's the deal? Does nobody make pretty, inexpensive picnic blankets anymore? I've tried all the usual suspects: Target, Etsy, Vera Bradley, even other blogs and I'm at a loss my friends.

So I've got to ask, what do you use as a picnic blanket? Any ideas, suggestions and picnic blanket finds would be greatly appreciated!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I have always been in search of an adorable picnic basket myself,but the prices are ridiculous! So we use my HUGE straw purses! For a picnic blanket we use our blue plaid sleeping bag cause when you open it up its really big and spacious and its softer than just a plain old blanket alone!

Good luck with your search!

Laurie B. Lowndes said...

I LOVE my picnic blanket that I bought from WalMart a few years ago, it's waterproof on one side (very helpful for Seattle) and a great lime green/pink plaid on the other... and zips up into a purse, perfect for beach or park outings!

Needless to say, try WalMart! :)

Em said...

I use a heavy tablecloth. It's not super waterproof, but it's very cute and washable.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Love picnics, the other day on the Food Network Rachel Ray was making this tahini salad she raved about being great for picnics b/c it's not mayonnaise based and will not go bad. Worth looking into...

Missy said...

how about a beach blanket? :-D

Kim with a K said...

Hi!
OK I know this is an older post (I just "found" your blog yesterday....Congratulations on being pregnant!)
I haven't made it yet myself BUT it is a super easy picnic blanket pattern!
Freda's Hive (she is amazing!!!)
Scroll down right hand side to her Original Patterns and Tutorials...the first tutorial is for her "Scrap Picnic Quilt"!
Anyways, new fan of your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...