Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Birthday Details!

Well I think I'm all recovered from a fantastic birthday weekend and ready to get back in the swing of things. Happy Tuesday, by the way!

For those of you interested in how the birthday festivities all went down, you came to the right place! The only trouble is, I had such a grand ole' time I just don't know where to begin! All I know is, twenty-four has been kind so far:)

Since I do not wish to bore you with the complete itinerary of this past weekend, I'll just touch on the highlights! Though I should warn you this may still be a long post!

So lets see, Friday was set aside for a girly day with my Mom. Except instead of letting me plan out the day, this year she kept what we were doing a secret! I do love a good secret. After enjoying some of these delicious little treats over coffee at Panera, we were off for a little "road trip". Along the way I opened several gifts, only to find money and some great workout accessories in each bag.

I was truly stumped by all of her clues...until we got to the Walnut Creek exit and I instantly knew she was taking me shopping at lululemon (hence the money to shop with)!! Bah, I was SOO excited because our lululemon has yet to open and an opening date remains TBD (get it together Galleria!). And just our luck, we got a parking spot right in front of the store!

I had a ball trying on handfuls of clothes. After finally deciding on several pairs of pants, an "I heart running" water bottle and a few no-slip headbands, I was giddy as a clam. What could top this off you ask? Well, becoming part of their Research & Development program helped! By being a personal trainer, I receive a discount and the ability to submit ideas and feedback on their products!

After my lululemon spree, we continued shopping, lunched at California Pizza Kitchen and found a divine little bakery called Frosting and desserted on their cupcake truffles (my new favorite way to enjoy cupcakes!).



And that was celebration day #1

Saturday morning I woke up begging Chris to let me open my surprise gift. He gave in and totally thrilled me with the cutest new purse from Vera Bradley! Then we got ready to head to Napa for some wine tasting and lunching at the deliciously good, Bistro Jeanty. Our original picnic plans were altered because it was a bit colder than we anticipated. So after dropping Abby off at my parents' for the day, we headed out.


And this is where it got interesting...

About half way there, we had a tire blow out! We pulled over, changed the tire and realized how lucky we were to be safe AND right across the street from Wal-Mart/Sam's. Of course the story only gets funnier when I tell you that our spare tire was also flat. I was laughing at this point!



So yes, I got another surprise birthday present of new tires on my car! Admittedly, I got a bit grouchy waiting in Sam's, but looking back, it really didn't set us back too much and we have a memorable story.

And wouldn't you know, after finally arriving at the first winery of the day, Chris' "checking in" via the four square app on his iphone finally paid off because the winery was offering a two-for-one tasting by "checking in"! Yay for free wine!! We certainly needed it at that point!




The day ended up being wonderful with more wine tasting, dessert at Bouchon bakery and dinner at Bistro Jeanty! You read that right, dessert and THEN dinner, because it's allowed on your birthday!



And that concluded celebration day #2

Sunday was not only my actual birthday, but also the day my marathon training had me scheduled for a 10 mile run. Talk about a way to begin your birthday! Before I went to bed Saturday, Chris told me to open the card that would be on my nightstand. It was very important I opened it BEFORE I left for my run. So I did and it was a card shaped like a refrigerator telling me to look in a specific place in the fridge. I found a new water bottle, filled up with a note instructing me to look in the hall closet. My incredible husband bought me a CamelBak for running! He is so thoughtful!!

After my run, he met me at the Starbucks across the street from our apartment for a birthday coffee! Then we went home, got ready and met our family for breakfast at Awful Annie's, where I splurged on my favorite waffle! It was perfection really!



The rest of the day was pretty low-key. We realxed, played Wii at my parent's house and got ready for dinner. We went to Teppanyaki, which is one of my favorite things EVER! And dessert was back at my parents house, where my Mom made sea salt carameled brownies by special request and some of her own cupcake truffles! Everything was absolutely fantastic!!





In this one I am showing off my sparkly ring thanks to the AMAZING jewelry steam cleaner from my Mom!! It truly rocks my world that my ring can look good as new every day!






Thank you to my ridiculously wonderful and incredible family for making my 24th birthday the best yet!

1 comment:

Missy said...

my sister got me a vera bradley hanging organizer for my birthday! :) i love it!

looks like you had a blast! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...