Monday, April 19, 2010

Mission Accomplished

Well, I did it! I finished my very first half marathon and aside from all the aches and pains I am feeling today, including the feeling that I have completely thrashed every muscle in my lower body, I feel happy!

I should tell you, it was the most physically and mentally challenging thing I have ever done, but also incredibly rewarding! I learned a lot that will most certainly help me do even better next time.

And by the way, as I was running yesterday (at about mile 8 or 9), I honestly thought to myself, "I must be absolutely insane to want to do this again!". I had serious doubts I would even want to train for a full, but once it was all said and done and my "runners high" kicked in, I quickly realized that the sense of accomplishment that comes with crossing the finish line is so worth the pain and hard work it takes to get there!

Thanks for all of your sweet comments and support!




3 comments:

Missy said...

aw cute pics. congrats!

i love runner's highs!

Unknown said...

Thank you!

And I wasn't able to send you an email with the link on your blog so I'll just post the link for the yoga cert here:

http://nestacertified.com/sportyoga.html

Missy said...

cool thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...