Thursday, July 16, 2009

All In Good Health

Today's post is on some of my favorite components to my daily snacks (or meals)!

Since I can remember, oatmeal has been a true comfort food of mine. I basically have it everyday and if I don't have it for breakfast, it is usually a part of my morning or afternoon snack. Some think it's weird, but I just think it's delicious!

A few years ago, my Mom shared her discovery of Trader Joe's frozen steel cut oatmeal with me. I was amazed at how tasty it was even though it came frozen! Which, by the way, makes it a great thing to keep at work since it takes a mere 3 minutes to heat up in the microwave. Now before you write this off as another "healthy food" you won't like, let me get to the good part. This steel cut oatmeal is lightly sweetened with brown sugar and maple syrup, making it (I believe) a winner even for an oatmeal hater. Now if you happen to be a bit of an oatmeal snob like me, you should know that these taste as good as when I spend the 12 minutes cooking them over the stove! And as oats so wonderfully do, this treat offers 4g of dietary fiber to your meal. Now just add a banana or some berries and you are well on your way to the 25g recommended daily for women (30g for men). How sweet is that?


You all know how much I love my coffee, but maybe not as well known is how much I also love tea. In fact, usually after my morning fix of coffee, I switch to a few cups of tea. So today I'm going to share two of my favorite kinds. They are made by Republic of Tea (thank you, Lael) and very different from your typical green or black tea, as they are red teas made from a blend of rooibos. They are called Get Clean and Get Charged and if you are a tea drinker at all, I recommend you explore these or any of their other fantastic flavors!



Wishing you good health always!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Everytime I read your blog I think, "wow, we have a lot in common!" LOL. I love oatmeal and I LOVE tea!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...