Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thai Lime Chicken

Well folks, Clean Eating does it again! I've quite possibly discovered the quickest, most simple meal yet! And the best thing is, I had EVERY ingredient on hand!

So here's to you on-the-go ladies (and gents) who can appreciate a quick and delicious meal:)

Thai Lime Chicken
*1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
*1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
*1 1/2 tsp ginger, ground
*1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
*1 lime

Preheat oven at 375 degrees. In a mini food processor, grind peanuts until fine, but not to paste. In a small bowl, combine peanuts, garlic powder and ginger. Place chicken on a cookie sheet and squeeze juice from lime overtop. Then roll chicken in peanut mixture until well-coated. Bake chicken in oven for 25 minutes or until no longer pink. Viola!

Along with this amazing chicken, we had a Summer Bean Salad (recipe also from Clean Eating) and brown rice. Btw, I may have made the best brown rice ever! I know rice is simple enough to make, but I've never quite gotten brown rice as fluffy and soft as I would like. While searching for brown rice tricks, I stumbled upon the Saveur website and was so pleased with the result of my findings! Here's the link to "perfect brown rice".


Have a lovely Wednesday!

1 comment:

Em said...

ok I'm totally going to try this recipe. Thanks Kik!! Keep the recipes coming...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...