Friday, July 10, 2009

Self-Discovery

Last night, our Mom's stopped by to see the apartment (Jeannine hadn't seen it painted yet). As she was walking around observing everything, she kept saying, "I love that. Where's it from?". My response to almost all of the questions was "Oh, it was on sale at..." or "I got a great deal at..." and to my awareness came the fact that I am and always will be a shopper! I always pride myself on the great sales I find, but the truth is, I wouldn't know about these sales if I wasn't always shopping around for them:) Ha! You know what they say, "Like mother, like daughter".

And speaking of great deals, I just got the Whole Foods email and cherries are on sale this week for $1.99/lb! Do you know what a great deal that is?! Can't wait to dig into a big bowl of these this weekend!


I think I've finally caught up on my sleep because yesterday was the first day all week I haven't needed a nap when I got home! I was so productive and it felt so good:) I actually got around to making the banana bread I've been talking about. I had a piece for breakfast this morning and I definitely think it's worth trying! Because it doesn't have as much added sugar as many recipes, it's a little less sweet(obviously), but it calls for a mixture of turbinado sugar and cinnamon to sprinkle on top and, oh my, that was enough to satisfy my sweet tooth!

And baking just wouldn't be complete without a chick flick, so I watched Pride and Prejudice and I was reminded once again of my crush on Mr. Darcy! Seriously, does that movie ever get old?

And one last thing: Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Lael Meidal said...

wish I could have been there to bake and eat banana bread with you and gush about Mr. Darcy and his England! xo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...