Friday, July 31, 2009

The Ugly Truth and Other Random Bits

Hi Friends! Well, I am finally back from, what felt like, a week of misery! Since Monday, I have been in so much pain. Not fun! I was taking my pain meds, but apparently they make me really drowsy and that's not usually a good thing while you're working! So I decided to stop taking them and just deal with the pain. I'm not sure what is worse, falling asleep at your desk or having excrutiating pain through your jaw, ears and every single tooth while having to sound cheery on the phone! You know, everyone said that getting my wisdom teeth out would be easy, which it was, but I got very little insight to the aftermath of it all.

Yesterday morning I was feeling so bad that my boss actually sent me home! I was so grateful because I wasn't going to ask to leave, but he insisted. So for most of the day I rested with my pain meds and for the first time in a week, I feel like myself! I made cinnamon streusel muffins for my co-workers this morning because they were so sweet to take on my load yesterday!

There were few highlights to my week, but here's what I've got...

Monday was suppose to be the sushi making class that Parris and I signed up for, but due to a scheduling conflict, the class got rescheduled to this coming Tuesday. I was so grateful for the delayed class as it will be so much better to go next week now that I'm feeling 100%! So instead, I had dinner with Parris' family and got to congratulate her little sister, Whitney, on her engagement and then Parris and I went to see The Ugly Truth! It was totally cute and I am practically obsessed with Katherine Heigl's wardrobe and adorable hair throughout the movie! And it was filmed in Sacramento:)

How fabulous are all of these dresses?!




Most every other afternoon this week was spent sleeping as I simply could not stay awake to save my life. I have no idea why I'm so tired, but I'm trying to pay attention to my body and take it slow. As an active person though, this is weird for me!

And on an apartment note, Chris cleaned our carpets Wednesday evening and I feel like it's a new place! So basically, the only thing left is switching the old fish tank out for the new one! Can't wait to post pics:)

And because I was finally feeling better last night, I made a yummy dinner for my hubby who has taken such good care of me this last week! We had a delicious stir fry and butterscotch pudding (his favorite thing!!). After dinner we ran some errands and I am absolutely giddy because I splurged on 3 new magazines! This weekend I will be savoring some downtime with, Country Living, Oxygen's Abs special (love their specials!) and Bon Appetit (usually reserved for plane rides)!! I feel so spoiled:)

Tonight we are having some friends over for dinner and Gran Torino! And this weekend I get to spend some time with my lovely friend, Lael, in San Francisco! She is living there temporarily for an internship:) I am so ready to be done with this week and move on to a fun weekend!

Hope you enjoy your weekend and happy Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...