Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another Little Glimpse

So we've come to a point in the apartment where the only things to be done are the dining room table, the fish tank and cleaning the carpets. While I'm relieved that everything else is basically done, the remaining jobs are ones I can't help with! Talk about frustrating! Chris is painting a table we bought a few months ago and he is going to set up his new fish tank, both projects I am helpless for:(

All in all,I am loving how it's all coming together:) I'm getting so ansy to post pictures of the WHOLE thing, but I don't want you to see it before it's perfect!

If all goes as planned, we should be done by mid next week:)

Just wanted to give you another peak into the finished "details".

Another one of my dining room wall because I just love it SO much!


My cookbooks and panini press now very easily accessible and out of the way:)The colorfulness makes me happy!


Maybe the most gratifying improvement of all, our filing sytem. We so needed to get organized!


I now have a magazine library! I got this idea from better Homes and Gardens:)


Another garage sale find (my $5 mirror). I love it!


And finally, my dresser:)


The funny thing is, if you've never been to our house, you wouldn't notice many of the improvements. I can't tell you how much time I've spent organizing and deep cleaning (things I definitely notice!). Simple things like cleaning out our closet ended up taking almost 3 hours! What I thought would be 30 minutes cleaning out old clothes, turned into an overhaul of junk that's piled up over a year! But now, when the rest of the house overwhelms me, I just walk into the closet and feel instant gratification:)

Hope your Thursday is wonderful!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...